Monday, August 4, 2008

water+boat+tube=pain the next day!!

We had been planning a trip to the lake like all summer, but never got the opportunity to actually go. Just our luck the boys had been talking about visiting Gramma Cassiday for awhile now, so we called her and asked if they could come spend the day and she gladly took all three of them! WOOHOO finally we got to go! At first we weren't sure if we were going to get to with the talk of e-coli in Kirksville, and we knew we didn't want to go to Rathbun because they were having their "summer splash" so it would have just been packed. Jon called down to Kirksville and they informed him that a test had been taken that morning and the water was clear so they were going to open back up! So off we went!

It was a beautiful day to go, the lake was calm, not a whole lot of boats out so we had pretty much the whole thing to ourselves. We went with Eric Dabney and his GF Dayna and Jon and Lyndsi. I hadn't been on a tube since I was probably 15 or 16 so I was excited to go again! Matthew overcame his fear of water! Yes he is scared of water too! Never been on a boat, never been tubing, never jumped off a dock, all of these first time things for him!! He was so much fun to watch! I really didn't think he would get on the tube just because he can't swim, so I thought for sure the boat ride was all he would do! Boy I was wrong! He got right on that tube and had a blast! He even tried the knee board but couldn't get it out of the water, in which I think it's harder to get those up than it is to get skis up, everyone else seemed to agree with me! But he tried!
We got home around 8 or so, went to get the boys from Downing and came home. Tired and wore out! I felt pretty good until I woke up Sunday morning!! AHH I was sore! every muscle in my body ached! Matthew felt pretty good but I think he uses his upper body muscles more than I do! I can't complain to much it was worth it and I probably would go back today if I had the chance to!!

No comments: