Wednesday, July 23, 2008

back from yesterday.....

It feels nice just to sit down and actually do this. It seems as if I haven't been home since last Friday! Even though I have, we've just been pretty busy.

Yesterday morning I woke up to a phone call that my mom was in the hospital. I took the kids to Dannie and went on my way to Iowa city. Found out mom had been in the ER since 1AM. They did an ultrasound and found it was her gallbladder, thought maybe she had a stone lodged in one of the passageways? Dr. took her in for surgery at 1:30 PM, took it out and she was done at 4:00. Everything went really really well. Seems as if it was a good thing they went to the hospital when they did or it could have been worse! I stuck around at the hospital until about 6 or so to make sure she didn't have a reaction meds. (my mom is like allergic to EVERYTHING!) she didn't though thank goodness! I stopped by her house in Riverside on my way home and cleaned up a little bit so she wouldn't have to worry about it. Then on my way back home! Talked to her today and she was at home feeling pretty good!

Monday the kids and I made our way to Kirksville to get things for Jace's b-day party. Do you think we could find anything in Kirksville that was "farm animal" themed?? NO definatly not. So we decided we would just order the cake first and work with colors and things like that. Picked up Jace so he could look through the book with me. I wanted to see what caught his eye! Looked at horses, trucks, tractors, cars, then came the motorcycle cake. He screamed "MIMICOCKLE" so yep that's what we got! Instead of "cows" I guess we are going motorcycle! It was a lot easier finding things to match the cake anyway! I think he will be excited about it!

Sunday my grandpa came down from Columbus Junction to visit. He took us out to eat for all of our birthdays. His is the 23rd, Jace is the 24th, and mine is the 25th. We had a great time, he spent most of the day, sat outside and watched the kids swim. The neighbor girls came over to play they just had a blast! At times it's weird to see grandpa without grandma but I'm glad he still comes and visits us when he can!

Whew......Saturday, well we went to Kris and Megan Campbells wedding. They had a beautiful ceremony. Came home for a little while, played with the kids until Grandpa Billie got here to watch them for the evening and then went off the the reception in Downing. Had so much fun Matthew got to see a lot of people he graduated with. Had lots of laughs, beer, and fun!!

Friday we went to the big NEMO fair with Jon and Lyndsi. Our whole intentions were to see the tractor pull but that failed! it rained and rained all night! The only place to go other that home to get out of the rain was the beer tent. Do you think we made the right choice? NO we didn't go home, ended up in the beer tent all night!! We had so much fun though, got to see quite a few people I haven't seen in a while, danced and danced, they had an awesome band performing. Lyndsi and I also found out that night, if you want to feel good about yourself just go to the fair!! WOW!

So just to clear up a little bit, no we were not completely wasted all weekend!! We actually didn't hardly drink at all just had a lot of fun and some parts did involve some alcoholic drinks!! Didn't want you all thinking we were complete alcholics! :)

Well that sums up our week so far! still lots to come, tomorrow is Jace's b-day (wow I can't believe my baby will be 2) :( I also can't believe school is going to start pretty soon! Just weird I guess, as we get older how everything goes by so fast! I almost hate it! Well here is lots of reading and no pics, I decided I don't like to post without pics but I really didn't have any to put up this time. Off to clean the house!

1 comment:

Andrea Frederick said...

Wow that was a long post. I have the same thoughts of posts with no pictures. Hopefully next week will be calmer.