Monday, July 28, 2008

Boys will be boys!

Oh my, what did I get myself into?!.........

Yesterday, before we left the reunion, my cousin Kalena (whom I am like "sister" close to) informed me that her son Dylan, who is 6, wanted to come stay with us before school started. We talked for a while and decided I was going to take him home with me. Not for a few days but until Sunday. WOW!!

I'm sure it will be fun, but the first day of this adventure has already been something else! I always wondered what it would be like once Jace got a little older, well now all of my questions and wonders have been answered and it's only day one!

This is how our adventure started....two very innocent sweet boys.......
Then came the MUD hole!
Cute huh? at 10 AM in the morning?
I told them the had to be hosed of before ever coming in the house or getting into the pool! They made many trips in and out of the pool before ever coming inside!
BATH TIME!!
and they still were playing at 8:30 in the evening!!! I wish I had that energy!!
This is what my clothes line looked like at the end of the day! It was just wet, muddy, yucky clothes that needed to dry!! 4 pair of underwear, 4 shorts, 5 shirts and 1 pair of broken flip-flops about 3 toads lives, lots of bike rides, and only 1 skinned knee make us through one fun day!

I'm actually kind of excited for the rest of the week with Dylan, tomorrow we plan to go the the park, and then Wednesday we are going to thousand hills to swim, and as far as the rest of the week I'm not sure but I know it will be fun!! I almost don't want to take him home!!

1 comment:

Andrea Frederick said...

looks like fun, you were definitely meant for boys!