Wednesday, July 16, 2008

zoo talk

So, the kids made it home from St. Louis around 9pm last night. They were so wore out they didn't have much to say, but let me tell you today things were just running out of there mouths! So cute, Ally had been there before so it wasn't much excitement from her but Jayden WOW, he was impressed! He is sort of an animal fanatic anyway and seeing all those animals that "you know mom, they don't come from around here" he was just fascinated! "Mom did you know that penguins have to live where it's cold?" "yes Jayden I did", "well mom at the zoo they had them in a freezer thing"! "And mom, do you know how bad elephants poop stinks, oh it's bad". Mom giraffes are so much bigger when you see them than what they are in my books". It was question, after answer after question today with him! I'm so thankful the grandparents took them on this expedition this summer as we won't get to until next year, Matthew doesn't get vacation til' October. I really wish I could have been there with them, but this is something the grandparents do every year so I guess I can leave it as "there time".





On the flip side, I really got to see Jace in a whole new light. With both Ally and Jayden gone I really tuned in on the little things that make him "Jace", just those little things you don't recognize very often because you have other children as well. Him and I had a lot of fun for 2 days! I really appreciated it! We didn't do much, but really we didn't have to, he is really into reading and just playing on the floor, so that's what we did. When daddy would come home, he would just forget me and play with dad, and which I'm sure dad really loved it! Jace is also into everything dad does!

Well I don't have much else to post for today other than I have been walking lately to gain some muscle! Matthew has decided that we "together" are going to do the 5k walk/run "even though he has in mind run" during Antique days in Memphis, so I've kind of been in major training the last few days. It's not until August but I'm pretty out of shape. I have been working really hard to try and quit smoking, I've got the prescription to help but I'm going to try and do it on my own. I've done pretty good so far, as long as I keep busy it helps a lot!! Kind of a boring post sorry! :)

2 comments:

Andrea Frederick said...

Good luck with the smoking thing. I know how hard it is for you. Also, good luck with the muscles! You need to bulk up:)

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

if you can make it to the omaha zoo with your kids next year it would be well worth your money & time, esp. since you have one that loves animals sooo much! it's awesome!!
good luck quitting smoking...you can do it..i'll be sending you positive thoughts!