Monday, July 28, 2008

Family Reunion

Saturday we went to Riverside to my moms, had a fun eventful evening with the parental units! On Sunday we had the Reichert family reunion in Muscatine to attend. Rode to Muscatine with Mom and Ron and had a fabulous time at the reunion, it was held at Issac Walton shelter which is right next to the Mississippi River. Got to see lots of family I haven't seen in a while!......

Back to the beginning.....My great grandma who is 92 years old was the 3rd born of 15 children(could you imagine 15 children??!!) in the Reichert family, all originated from Muscatine Iowa. All but 6 of her siblings are still living! The oldest of the bunch (Aunt Vera) is 95 years old. (I think I have that right?) :) Anyway it was a lot of family and a lot of fun! On a sad note one of the major reasons we attended is they paid special tribute to my gramma who passed away April 20th 2008 and obviously could not attend. She had organized and planned many of the Reichert reunions it was something she held very dear to her, It was a very special time for my family to be there! My granny who is not in good health but in very good spirits, hugged, cried and laughed all at the same time. She was so proud to have all of us there to live on the legacy my Grandma(her daughter) left for us to endure.
-the one who is "hooking" Jace with the cane is granny-


Ally didn't get to attend which was disappointing but she needed to see her mom, she hasn't seen her in over a month! Jayden had a blast, he was so amused by the boats and the barges that passed along the river! The train tracks were right next to the shelter so he got to witness 2 trains pass by as well! We took him down by the river where he found 3 empty clam shells too! Way cool for a 4 year old!

No comments: